LASH EXTENSIONS : HOW TO PREPARE
Come with a Clean Face
Come to your appointment with a clean face and this will ensure more time for adding lashes and less time removing eye makeup.
Be sure all mascara is removed. It is also helpful to avoid applying moisturizers and sunblock near the eye area prior to your appointment as the oils can prevent the eye pads used in the procedure from adhering to your skin.
If you use waterproof mascara, avoid using it 2-3 days before your first appointment. The film it leaves on your lashes may prevent the extensions from adhering correctly.
Shower Prior to Your Appointment
Eliminating any unnecessary contact with water or steam within the first 24 hours of having lash extensions will insure that the bond between the semi permanent lashes and your natural lashes can properly set.
To avoid any discomfort, it is always suggested that contacts are removed allowing eyes to be comfortable in a natural and rested state during your application.
Do not drink too much coffee before your appointment, you want to be comfortable and at peace during the procedure.
Lash Tinting or Lash Perming should be done 48 hrs prior to your lash extensions application.
During the initial 24-48 hours after your appointment:
Do not get your lashes wet for 24 hours after the lash extensions are applied. It will affect the efficacy of the glue.
- Avoid steam from showers, facials, saunas and swimming pools.
- Avoid getting moisture around the eye area when washing face, showering etc.
General guidelines to extend the life of your lashes:
- Be sure to cleanse your lashes daily with an oil free cleanser.
- Avoid using oil-based skincare and makeup products around the eye, including mascara and makeup remover.
- Avoid waterproof mascara. If you can, it is better not to use any mascara at all. You may find you don’t even need it!
- Avoid running water over your face. Moisture will break down the bond of the glue.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes or lashes, especially when washing your face. It is recommended to clean around the eye area with a washcloth or cotton swab (Q-tip).
- Avoid using an eyelash curler. One of the benefits of lash extensions is the ability to add curl to your lashes. If you would like more curl, please speak to your technician.
- If you can, sleep on your back to avoid the risk of lashes rubbing against your pillow.
- Gently brush your lashes with a mascara wand to groom them. The best time to do this is after showering, as they will be softer and less likely to damage.
- Avoid pulling your lashes, and do not attempt to remove them yourself. If you would like them removed, please contact your technician.